Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Circus Freaks have nothing on School Registration

Well if you ever want to see a freak show, stop by your local convenience store or go to a school registration.

It was an interesting day. No major dramas or anything like that but plenty of weirdos, freaks and nut jobs.

We had a guy come in completely wasted. I mean, this guy couldn't walk right, his speech was slurred and he was falling into the computer stations. At first I thought he was mentally challenged but once I got close I could smell the liquor. I told the cashier that I had a bit of mixed emotions about the guy becuase he is obviously a drunk but as drunk as his stupid ass was, he came to registration, paid the fees, and filled out the paper work. I think his registration fees we over $200. Maybe that is why he was so drunk , had to drink to be able to write a check that big for registration.

All in all it went pretty well yesterday and it was a bit busier than I had anticipated. The technology held up well and everything went about as smooth as possible.

One other funny story. We hire a few translators for those parents that only speak Spanish. So this one woman comes in and is freaking out becuase she has a restraining order against one of our translators. She was freaking out becuause she thought the translator would have access to her records and she absolutely did not want that. The translators don't have access to anything but she didn't know.

I have to go in early this morning to get the computers all picked up and the place put back in order.

Oh, maybe tomorrow I will share the outfits that some of the people showed up in. There should be a law about some of that. For instance, if you are over 250 lbs, you shouldn't wear spandex, tube tops, or short shorts - and if you do - you should shave your legs!

Ok, gotta go. More tomorrow.