Thursday, August 9, 2007

Golf - Why do the balls have dimples anyway?

Thursday it trash day and golf league day. I have mixed emotions about golf these days. I enjoy being out and getting away from things for awhile but my game has been so utterly terrible lately that it has taken a bit of the joy out of it.

Work is moving along. We have much to do and will work this weekend but things are getting closer to done all the time. We have a bunch of projects but each one is getting close to wrapping up and one they are done, we can cross them off the list and move to the next thing.

So I promised a funny story, here it is:

For what ever reason, Drew is confused by deserts. We were at a restraunt one time and he ordered a banana split. When we were getting ready to leave, I noticed that he hadn't eaten the bananas. I asked him about it and he said he didn't like bananans. I then asked why he ordered a banana split? He said he didn't know that it had bananas in it.

So fast forward to the other night. He is eating a ice cream desert called "Fudge Brownie A'la-mode. Ok so he turns to me and says. "I don't know why they call if "fudge brownie a'la-mode" when it has ice cream in it." I laugh and tell him that the a'la-mode part tells you it has ice cream, like apple pie a'la-mode. He says "Well, maybe back in the 80's they called it that!"

So my little Drew is confused by deserts.

I have another story for you but will save it for tomorrow. I am going to go and focus on "being the ball", for golf tonight.

Have a great day!