Wednesday, August 8, 2007

If I die of a heart attack, yesterday put the ball in motion

So my clothes dryer was broken and it was multiple things that were broken. I had been working on the damn thing for awhile now and would get it going only for something else to happen a week or two later. We decided to call in a "pro" to fix it. He was scheduled to come yesterday.

In the meantime, we get a call from our tenants. The basement is flooded with sewer water! Bloody Hell!! So, I call my buddies at Leroy's plumbing and heating. I have been a regular customer of theirs over the years and they know that house very well.

Leroy (actually the guy who did the work is not Leroy, he retired, but he will always be Leroy to me) called and told me that he had to "Roto-Rooter" the line, he thought there were tree roots growing into the sewer line and needed to be cleaned out. He had to remove the toiled to do it but he thought that would do the trick.

Ok, he calls me back and say the tree roots were indeed in there but there were dryer sheets caught on the roots and they caused a little dam that was causing the blockage. I am not sure what the hell dryer sheets were doing in the sewer but I am going to call the tenants today and let them know to not throw that kind of stuff down the toilet.

Stupid bastards!

Work has been completely hectic to the point that this may be one of the top 4 or 5 worst times since I have been working here. As I have worked here in Perry we have taken on a little bit more responsibility each year. Just a bit so it was never really a big deal but over time this has become a monster that is almost unrealistic. At the same time I get questioned about the size of my department. They won't ever cut positions but it is used as a justification to not give me or Nancy any kind of significant raise.

Bastards!

Molly is naughty, still pooping and peeing in the house. I am going to kick her ass if I catch her. Right now the kids are pretty much doing the potty training because I am not home that much. She has a few more weeks before I am done working weekends. When I am home, she will learn a hard lesson.

On the bright side, the dryer is fixed and the damn sewer problem at our house on 1st street is fixed.

We are trying to sell the house but the tenants are slobs. Not dirty to the point I can really say anything they are just messy. Clothes all over the floors, shoes in piles in the corners. Counters covered with paper and other crap. Nothing dirty but it just makes the house look like crap when the realtors show it. They just don't care if people know they are slobs.

I have complained enough. I will have a funny story for you tomorrow.

The saga continues......