Friday, July 20, 2007

You Know What? I SUCK at golf!

For the first time in a long while, it is a very nice Friday. The weather here is going to be absolutely wonderful. Temps in the low 80's, sunshine, no humidity. It would be a wonderful day to be outside.

Golf was not good to me last night. I shot poorly but we won anyway. It was my worst score of the year and I usually don't care but last night I started to get a little frustrated and by the time we got to the ninth hole and my tee shot went wacko, I kind of just said the hell with it and smacked the ball with whatever club until I was done. I would have done just as well using the foot wedge!

I took the kids to a chinese buffet restraunt yesterday for lunch. Nancy, Drew, (ha, just saw than Nancy Drew, like the book!) Jessica and I got the buffet stuff to go. It is a good value and the food is really good. It also got the kids away from the house for a bit. They are counting down the days until they leave on vacations.

Jess has her end of the season pot luck/awards dinner for softball on Tuesday. We always seem to end up having to bring a main dish at every one of these darn things. I would consider just getting something at Hy-Vee but I have my culinary reputation to protect so I will probably cook something.

Drew is up early this morning. His weight lifting class is at 6:30 this morning and he has to be there by 6:15. I woke him up at 5:55. He had his clothes layed out and took a shower last night. He appears to be ready to go as I type this but as we get ready to walk out the door I would not be shocked if he forgot something.

So I downloaded the another season of "The surreal life" this week. It is a stupid show but I love it! The season has China Doll from the WWF, Mini Me, Peter Brady, one of the Go-Go's, Adrian something that won america's next top model, and some male model and a female rapper called da brat. So far so good. Mini Me got drunk as hell, rode naked on his little scooter through the house and took a pee in the workout room. Too Funny! My guilty pleasure.

Lots of work to do this weekend. I have a bunch of yard work and work, at work, to do. Jess plays in a basketball tournament in Boone, I may try to make the afternoon games but it depends on what the times are.

Have a great one!