Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Feeling HOT HOT HOT

It is another hot summer day here in central Iowa. The temp is supposed to get to 95 and the humidity will push the "feels like" temp over 100. Sucks to be us! I guess it could be worse. I could work an outside job or a job that consists of working in non-air conditioned locations. Me, I have a cushy office with an air conditioner so I have little to complain about.

The kids and I played cards again last night. They are getting used to an evening activity and so far it is fun but I am not sure I want to do something every night. Wednesday, Jess has the regional softball game. Could be the end of the season. Drew has weight lifting today and will spend the rest of the day outside playing with his friends. I am going to talk to him this morning about making sure he stays cool and drinks plenty of water.

Yesterday we had a treat in the tech office. The weather was hot and we didn't get a chance to leave for lunch....we ate peanut butter and jelly and took about 5 minutes for lunch. Later, however; we went to a convenience store across the street from the school and got a soft serve, ice cream cone! I haven't had one yet this summer and they have been a traditional summer treat in our office. It was nice to have one yesterday.

It seems that the summer is flying by but as I think about it. I find myself looking to August and all the things we have to have done by then and begin to worry. I know things always seem to work out but boy o' boy, it can seem like an avalanche waiting to fall.

The weather people are saying we have little to no chance for rain this week ,except for Thursday, GOLF NIGHT! Good thing they are wrong most of the time.....It will probably be the nicest, clearest day of the week.