Monday, July 16, 2007

Monday, Magic, Mogels, and My Weekend

We went to Harry Potter this weekend. It was good. I don't think it was the best one of the group but it was worth going to. I can't believe how much it cost to go to the movies these days. I can buy several movies for the price it costs to take three people to the movies. We don't typically go to the movies but this is kind of a tradition. I have taken the kids to every Harry Potter movie so we will continue this. I am not sure we will make it as a group to the end. Jess will go to college before they all get made.

The weekend was good. I had to work Saturday and Sunday but only until noon. I got a bunch done on Saturday and a little done on Sunday. Every little bit counts though.

Jess has a regional softball game on Wednesday. I am hoping they lose so the season is over with. It has been a long season and I think everyone is ready for it to be over.

Drew has weight lifting on Tuesday and Thursday but he keeps very busy during the week playing with the neighborhood kids. It is quite a crew we have out here. They are all good kids so that makes it nice.

Dawn, Drew and Jessica are going with Dawn's parents on vacation again this year. They are going to Niagra Falls this year. It is good for the kids to get away. They always have fun. They are scheduled to leave next Wednesday morning so they will be here for another week.

Last night was game night at the Nichols house. Me and the kids played Sorry and Clue Mystery. It was fun. Jess made a cake so we ate cake, drank soda and played games. They kicked my butt in Sorry. We also played blackjack and used candy as money. I was the house and ended up taking all of their "money". I tried to tell them, the house eventually wins.

The athletic director here had set a moratorium on practices this summer. For two weeks they closed the gyms and told the coaches to give the kids a break from practices. The girls basketball coach is having the girls practice at a park at the rec center. So Jess has to go to practice this morning. The AD has very little pull with the coaches here. They do what they want regardless of what he says. Jess has "the ball" they use for outside practice. They only have one and she is keeping it here so I guess if she doesn't go, they don't have practice.

Lots of projects going on at work right now. I have vendors in the buildings doing work all week.

So much fun!