Friday, July 13, 2007

Lucky Friday the 13th

Golf was a mixed bag last night. The weather was great, the beer was cold but our game was poor. I shot my handicap so that was ok but my partner shot one of the worst rounds he has had in years. He did get new glasses this week, bi-focals so I think that may have had something to do with his poor play. I don't really care if we win or lose it is fun to just get out and be social.

Drew is going fishing with his grandpa today. They are up early and are heading out at 6 am today. Drew is looking forward to it since he hasn't had a chance to do any fishing this year. He told me he is going to catch me a BIG O'L FISH!

Jess has a game tonight. It is the last home game and the last regular season game of the year. They play their first round of regionals on Wednesday so the season could be over that day. Their chances are 50-50.

I asked the kids if they would go to the Harry Potter movie with me this weekend and they said "Only if we go to Des Moines!". They don't want to go to the movie with me here in town. It is expensive to go to the movie in Des Moines so I may end up going alone. They told me that they feel guilty about not going with me but it really doesn't matter to me. I don't mind going by myself. My guess is they will want to go but sit with their friends. That would be fine with me as well.

I bought a Stephen King book about a month ago and just really started reading it in the last week or so. Anyway, it is a collection of short stories and one of the is 1408. The one they made the movie about. So far the story is really good and the main character hasn't even entered the room yet. By the way since it is Friday the 13th, if you add the numbers of 1408 it equals 13. The room also happens to be on the 13th floor of the hotel (which they label as the 14th floor, there is no 13th floor button in the elevator.

Ok, off to start my weekend. Have a great one!