Saturday, March 24, 2007

Suddenly Saturday

The weekend is here with a bang. Thunderstorms are rolling across the state of Iowa and we have been getting a pretty good shower here. I think we are supposed to get rain on and off all day today but it is going to get much better tomorrow. The temp is warm so it is kind of nice.

Jessica had her track meet yesterday. She ran the 400, 4x100 relay and the 200. I haven't talked to her yet today so I am not sure how she thought she did. I think her times were good and I know she was the fastest time in the 4x100 relay.

Drew and I went to the movies last night. We went to Des Moines and ate at Culvers. Drew had never been there before so I thought he might like it. He said he wasn't hungry so I had a cheeseburger and he had cheese balls and a oreo cookie shake.

We had about an hour and a half to kill before the movie started so we went to the American store and played with the stereo equipment. The salesman was kind of irritated because we were just pushing buttons and trying stuff out. He kept saying "Can I help you?" I just kept sayying "no". lol.

We then messed around in the home theater area, cell phone area and TV section. Our last stop was the mattress area. We tried all the mattresses that I will never be able to afford. Then I took him to the ones I can afford and he said "These are hard!"lol

The movie we saw was "Wild Hogs". It is the movie with John Travolta, Tim Allen and two other guys that have a little motorcycle club. The four of them just ride around every Sunday and they decide to take a trip across the country.

It is a funny movie and I would recommend it.

Today is the start of the weekend. No real plans at this point but you just never know what will happen.