Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Wet Wednesday

It was officially Spring last night at 7:07 PM. Today we have clouds and rain with the potential for some severe weather. On the bright side, it looks like Friday is going to be in the 60's and nice.

I wanted to post some pictures today but I could not find the dang digital camera. I found the USB cord but the camera seems to have dissapeared from the "House of Magic". I should probably elaborate on the "House of Magic" deal.

My house is a magic house! Things dissapear, lights turn on by themselves and things get broken with no explanation. Now in most homes you would think the children would be the cause of most of these events.....Not Here. The kids assure me that they turned off all the lights in the basement, however; when I check there is a light or two, still on. Must be magic! We lose the remote control to the tv or in this case the digital camera. The kids assure me they put it back on the end table. Must be magic! Something gets broken in the house. The kids assure me that they have no idea what happened. Must be magic!

Like I said I live in a magic house where nobody is aware of how all of those things occur.

On a different subject - Throughout the last 5 or 6 years I have made up stories to tell the kids when we go on long drives or when we are just sitting around bored. These stories are typically pretty long and involve a young person or animal having an adventure. Most of the stories are just made up on the fly as we drive along the road or sit around talking but the kids seem to enjoy them. Jessica is always wanting me to continue with a story or tell her another one.

What I have decided to do is to type up these stories into a collection and give it to the kids for them to keep. I also had a stipulation to them recieving the stories. They must tell those stories to their kids when they get older and add one to the collection themselves. They must also only give these stories to thier kids if they promise to do the same. I figure over time it may be a nice collection of stories and will be interesting from generation to generation. I really hope they follow through with this. As for my part; I started typing the stories into the computer a week ago. It will probably take me a few months or longer to get them all type in but I will get it done.

Ok, enough for now. More tomorrow.