Friday, April 3, 2009

Snow! Give me a break!

Yesterday I was disgusted that we were having cold weather. Well it is getting worse. Saturday into Sunday up to 6 inches of snow. What the hell is that all about?

On the brighter side, the weather is going to be good today. 58 and sunny.

Yesterday was a full day. Nancy was telling me about an ad she saw in the paper. Ace Hardware had a Weber gas grill on sale $100 off. I went online checked the reviews for that model and they were all excellent. So at lunch, I went down and bought it. It is sitting on my back patio as I type.

One cool feature is that it has a holder for the gas tank that weighs it and says how full it is and shows when it is empty.

Jess had a track meet last night here in Perry. The weather was cold but we have had track meets in colder weather. It ended up getting a little warmer than projected so it was good that they got it in.

I worked as a timer so I was able to be down on the track and see the action right at the finish line.

Jess won the 400 with at time of 59.53, which was a meet record and a good time for this early in the year. She won the 800 with a time of 2:30. She probably could have run faster but was way out in front and didn't need to. She won the long jump with a jump of 15'2 which was pretty good but not her best. The relay team she anchored got 2nd. It was the 4x400 and they were way too far back from 1st for her to be able to catch up. She ran 61 seconds in her leg.

Drew had baseball practice last night. I am not sure if the team will be any good but he should play all the time. He is pretty excited about the grill.

One meeting this morning at 8. Then I teach for the last weekend of the term. It is going to be pretty easy. They are taking the final test tonight and doing a team project Saturday. I hope to get out early both days.

Stupid snow to look forward to this weekend. Ugh!

Off to start.