Thursday, April 2, 2009

The places my mind takes me

This weather is really ticking me off!!! High of 39; are you kidding me!

Class went well last night. I got out around 9:20 so it was an early night for a change. The sessions are winding down and I am glad. The sessions are starting to grind on me. The weekend class ends this weekend and that will be a big help. Between working day and night and spending my free time grading papers, which I am still a long way from being caught up, it has been a load.

Jess is supposed to have a track meet today, here in Perry. We haven't had this track meet in a few years because the weather has always been too bad so they cancel it. This year will probably follow that trend. I think the high is only supposed to be 39 so it will be very cold for the kids to be running, especially when the sun goes down.

They have another meet tomorrow in Huxley. The weather is supposed to cooperate but I will have to miss it because I will be teaching.

Drew has his first baseball practice tonight. It is good to get the season started but this weather doesn't make me feel much like being outside watching sports.

I have been trying to think of a bright side to this god awful weather and I can only think of two.
- The cold weather will really make me appreciate the good weather. Sometimes it is good to get a reality check and appreciate the little things in life that are good. Beautiful weather is one of those things.
- The garbage bastards have to be out in this all day picking up trash. They may have been bastards in making life difficult for the residence of Perry, Iowa but they still have to be out in this crap picking up people trash. Eat that ladies!

Off to start