Monday, March 16, 2009

Getting out of bed is the hardest part

The weather is going to be good today and nice the rest of the week. 60's and 70' from what the liars are telling me.

When I was a younger man than a I am today. I would go out and carry on like most younger people do, and some that are older than I am now but never moved on, and when I woke up the next morning, I felt like nature was punishing me for my over indulgences. I guess it was a fair, although I wouldn't have agreed to it at the time, and even trade-off.

These days, I wake up with a similar, nature is punishing me feeling, without the indulgence. What the hell is that all about?

The weekend was long and exhausting. Class went well this weekend. I actually got out of there by 1:45 on Saturday. It was the earliest I have been out so far.

After I finished class I came home and packed and we went to Davenport, Iowa for the volleyball tournament. They played Sunday all day. When I say "all day", I mean "all day". We played 7 matches over the course of 12 hours.

The girls did well, the didn't even loose one game and won the tournament. We finished up around 8 something and got home around 10:45. It was a long day and I am a little worn out this morning. The coffee is helping.

I teach tonight, the last one before the official "spring break" begins. Jess has a track meet at ISU tonight. They leave school at 2:30. Drew has a TSA competition here in Perry. He is in the bridge building competition and the knowledge bowl.

Most schools in Iowa are on spring break this week. Here in Perry we have to wait one more week before we start. Jess will have a short week. Today, she leaves early for the track meet. Tomorrow she misses half a day to be a DARE role model and she goes to the elementary for half the day. Wednesday we have early out and she leaves for Denver Thursday.

Time is flying. I getter get at it before it passes me by.

Off to start.