Friday, March 13, 2009

The beat goes on

I have made it to the weekend but it is going to be busy so nothing really exciting about it being Friday.

Budget cut meeting was unpleasant yesterday. It is never good to cut as deep as we have to cut and the outlook isn't good for 10-11 either.

I teach class tonight and tomorrow morning then it is the official start of spring break at DMACC. I will teach the Monday class here in Perry next week but won't have the Wednesday or the weekend class that week....Whoo-Hoo!

Volleyball tournament Sunday all day and it looks like it will be a long day. I think it is about a 3 hour drive and the tournament won't get over until around 8 or 9(If we get to the championship).

Jess has a track meet at ISU Monday. She was selected to be a DARE Role Model. I am not sure what the job is but I know she goes to the elementary a few times or for a day and talks with kids about not using drugs. Our DARE officer selected her as one a small group of kids to do this.

Drew had TSA last night. I think he likes the social part of it as much and probably more than the actual TSA stuff. I think he has a competition here in Perry Monday. He also starts track practice Monday.

He and I spent a half an hour or so working on preparing for his spelling test today. I think he is ready so I am expecting him to do well.

ok, off to start the battle.