Monday, March 9, 2009

Rainy days and Mondays...Today is both

Rainy crappy weekend. More of the same to start this week. Mood-killer!

So the weekend was pretty eventful. Jess played in a volleyball tournament in Ankeny. The won the tournament so it was a good way to start the Saturday.

Sunday, Drew got his haircut in Des Moines and the lady chopped it all off. She gave him a buzz cut so his hair is about 1/4 long all over his head and she cut the bang off too. I am not sure why she did that, he said he told her to use a #3 like always but she must have thought he wanted the #3 all the way not just on the sides.

I think it looks ok but he is not liking it and I am sure he is worried about what the kids at school will say today.

Sunday night I took Jess back to Ankeny. The volleyball team had the chance to be part of a training video. They had cameras up everywhere and they had officials and a director. They setup scenes and create situations. The video is supposed to train high school officials for the season next year. It will be seen nation wide. How cool is that?

It is also good that the lady who runs the club teams, likes Jess and had her be the main person in most of the scenes. Jess even had a talking part. They put a microphone thing on her back hip so it would pickup what she said.

It wasn't a big line, she just said, "Setter back row, three hitters, stack right". She had another line too but I forget what that was. She was the only one that had a speaking part so that was kind of cool. I will have to get the video once it is released.

I think they do these videos every year and they pick different facilities and teams across the country each year, it just happened that they picked our team here in Iowa for this years video.

My class Friday and Saturday was long. I cover so much material and we move pretty quickly. It is a bit much for the students so I decided to slow it down a bit. If we don't cover all the material, oh-well. One of the students was in tears Saturday because she was having trouble. I talked to her at a break and she it fine but this compressed class is rough. Like I said, I am slowing it down, life is too short for that kind of stress.

I have been in kind of funk lately. With all of these classes, I haven't really had a chance to slow my mind down. I am getting things mixed up and I forget where we are in each of the classes. I need to get organized today and get the ship right. I think I have taken on a bit more than I should have with three classes and working all day.

Throw in Jess' tournaments on the weekend and it gets to be a lot. This next weekend, we are headed to Davenport, Iowa for a tournament that starts Sunday. We will leave Saturday after I get done teaching and stay the night. Sunday will be a long day.

Is it April yet?

Off to start.