Friday, March 6, 2009

Fridays just don't seem the same

Weather was really nice yesterday. We had a record high of mid 70's. Today it is going to be in the 60's. Our happiness will be short lived, however, we are going to have rain for the weekend and into next week.

I guess the crappy weather makes you appreciate the good weather all the more.

I kind of took yesterday off from life. I didn't do my usual morning routine and I just kind of had a care free day.

Today it is back to the routine. I feel better and my mood is pretty good.

Jess increased her vertical jump from 27 inches to 28.5 inches. That is a very high vertical jump. I was on the University of Nebraska website and it said the school record vertical for women was 29 inches. I need to go back and double check it but I am pretty sure that is what it said.

We also got a letter from the Airforce Academy wanting Jess to run track for them. We have had a bunch of letters from colleges and the high school PE teacher, who ran track in college and had a tryout for the Olympics in the long jump, said we will get flooded with calls after July 1.

The coaches aren't allowed to call before July 1, of her Junior year. It will be an interesting time. I hope she stays healthy and runs well this track season.

Drew has been working on his TSA project every night lately. I think he has a competition here in Perry on Monday. I teach but I might be able to stop down during a break and see him do his thing.

I teach class again tonight and tomorrow morning. I have a bit of prep work to do for it but I am pretty prepared. They take a test every weekend so part of the class I just sit and wait. It is good because I have so many papers to grade, I can do that while they test.

Jess has a volleyball tournament Saturday in Ankeny. It is hosted by the club she plays for so it should be good.

Ok, off to start.