Tuesday, March 17, 2009

This space for rent

The weather is really good this morning. It was 51 degrees when I got up. I hope it continues.

Class went pretty well last night. I am glad to be done for awhile. I am behind on grading so I will have to spend some time over the next week getting caught up. I have my evening free until Wednesday of next week!!! Whoo-hooo!!

Drew did well in his TSA competition last night. His team got first place in the first round of the quiz bowl and then lost in the second round. He built a bridge for this physics deal and he won! His bridge held the most weight so he got first place.

Jess' track meet went pretty well. She got 1st in her heat of the long jump and I think finished 10th out or 80 girls. The Sprint med got 6th out of 64 teams and had a pretty good time. She ran a 59 or 60, 400 split which is really good for this early in the season and for an indoor meet.

The 4x400 didn't fare as well. The got 7th in their heat, but they were in a fast heat. They ended up 12th out of 64 teams. It was ok but Jess didn't have that good of a time 65 I think but on her last half lap, two girl walked across the track in front of her and she had to stop or run into them. WHAT THE HELL!!

The indoor meets are kind of like that, it is confined an people cross the track all the time and there are always the stupid people who don't pay attention to anything other than their own reflection. Anyway it was still a pretty good outing.

We are interviewing for a director position today and Thursday. I have to go do the interview this afternoon and then it will take all morning on Thursday. We have 4 candidates. I am rather indifferent about this position so whatever.

Jess has DARE role model this morning but I am not really sure what that means. She leaves for Denver Thursday morning early.

Ok, off to start the day.