Monday, January 12, 2009

Shoulda, coulda, woulda

We are going to get a blizzard today. It is supposed to snow about 4 inches but then wind is going to pick up to 30 mph. We are supposed to have zero visability. If this happens, they will cancel my class for tonight. Next Monday is MLK day so DMACC doesn't hold classes on that day. It will be two weeks before we will start.

It was a long weekend. Jess had a game Saturday and they lost. The team played terrible. I think we have the better team but you have to play hard to get the wins and we did not do that.

We drove to Sterling, Illinois after the game. It was about a three and a half hour drive. The roads were in good condition so the trip went well. The team played well in the morning and were the number two seed for the tournament. We had a first round bye and then fell apart and lost to a team that really wasn't very good. We just couldn't get it together and we lost. I guess that was kind of the theme of the weekend.

We drove back last night and got home around 8:30. I was wiped out so I went to Nancy's and picked up Molly and headed to bed.

I am scheduled to teach tonight and Wednesday night. Jess has games Tuesday and Friday. Drew has a game tonight and Thursday.

I used my Tom Tom GPS and that thing rocks! It took us right to the hotel and to the sports complex without any problems at all. It was right on. I like the fact that it has a ETA on it so you can kind of know when to expect to arrive. If you do any traveling at all, I would recommend having a Tom Tom.

I have a few meetings this morning but the afternoon is open. If we really do get the snow and wind like they are predicting; I think we will have an early out. I guess time will tell.

Off to start