Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I think hell might be cold and snowy

We have become an arctic wilderness! Snow, snow, and more snow is all we seem to be getting lately. We have had snow every day for the last 4 or 5 days and I am pretty sick and tired of shoveling. No school yesterday and a late start today.

I think it is going to be -16 tonight. This is not wind chill it is just the temp. I HATE WINTER!!!!!

I teach class tonight. It should be fine. I get a chance to meet the students and get thing ready to go. I hope the weather is good for the trip to West campus. I don't need ice.

Jess had a game last night. We won by 13 or so but it should have been more. Jess didn't have that good of a game but she still scored 16, had three blocked shots. Once was really cool - a girl shot the ball and it was on its way to the basket when Jess jumped up high and hit it into the stands.

She seemed a little tired and slow. She wasn't moving her feet and she was reaching for the ball. She had 4 fouls and could have easily fouled out. It was a good win but the team is really sluggish and they will need to get better as the teams get tougher.

Drew has a makeup game Thursday and it is away. I am not sure where.

Friday another game in Carrol which is about an hour away. At least it will be Friday.

I am tired and sweating from scooping the snow so I need to shower.

More tomorrow. (If I am not spending the morning shoveling.)