Thursday, January 15, 2009

-20....Eat that Anchorage!

We have passed quirky and have gotten down right ridiculous. A high today of -4 and right now as I type this it is -20 (That is not wind chill either boys and girls).

All of the schools have closed today. Most had closed last night because they knew it was going to be so cold and they didn't want students out.

We have now had 5 snow days so that pushes our last school day to June 3.

I taught class last night and it went well. I didn't rip a fart so that was a nice change.

I have 12 students in class and it seems to be a good group. I think it will go well.

I am sure the kids are happy they don't have school but both basketball teams haven't had practice in a week. Jess has a game tomorrow and all of the girls have been dead-assing for the last few days. They seems slow and lethargic in the last game, I would imagine it may be worse tomorrow.

Did I mention, I hate this weather?

Nothing on the agenda for tonight. I think I will just watch TV and relax. Not sure what we will have for dinner. Something hot.

Ok, I should probably let my car run for about 30 minutes this morning before I take it to work so off to start.