Friday, January 16, 2009

Is it July yet?

The arctic blast is moving past us but it is still cold. -7 this morning. The kids are going to have school today which is a nice change. I can't believe how much school has been missed this week.

My tenants called and said the furnace isn't working so I had to have the plumbing and heating guy go check it out. He said they put screens over the return vents and the furnace was so hot he couldn't barely touch it. He removed the screens and I think replaced a switch.

Well they called and said it still isn't working and they had to buy space heaters to keep warm. The plumber couldn't get there yesterday so he is going this morning. They called last night all ticked off. I told the tenant that if the heating guys says the screens caused the problem, they would have to pay for this repair. I also told them I was concerned about the long term effects on the furnace.

The tenants have been a problem from the beginning. They are always late with rent, they sometime don't pay and I have to hound them for the money. They complain about every little thing and are just not good to work with. They still owe $650 for the deposit and $500 from back rent that they say they paid and the bank must have stolen. So $1,150.

It is Friday and I have one meeting today and Jess plays in Carrol tonight. It is about an hour drive.

Nothing on the agenda for the weekend.

Off to start.