Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom

Well the weather is cold and we are going to get colder with a mix of snow and ice. I don't think we are going to get too much accumulation but any ice is too much.

The girls basketball team won last night. I think by 15 or so. Jess scored 16 and had a good game. She wasn't the high scorer for the night. Trish Dorman scored 18 and played her best game of the year. It was an ok game. We jumped on them early and after we got the lead, Jefferson didn't come within 11.

Drew has a game here in Perry tonight. I hope he doesn't have to play guard. He is much stronger inside but they don't have any depth at guard. I guess we will see.

Today is the budget cut meeting. Not sure how I feel about that. I am almost a bit indifferent. My budget gets cut almost every year anyway so it seem like the norm but I think some people are kind of freaking out.

The weekend will be a long one. Jess' game Saturday at 3 and then off to Sterling, Illinois. I think it is about 4 hours. Kind of like driving to Exeter.

So I got my car fixed and I told you he estimated $600 but usually estimates high. Well thank God he estimated high again. It was only $598. Whew.... I would have hated to pay $600. Bastards!

Ok, off to start the weekend. Happy birthday mom. I am sure you have to work. Maybe they should give you your birthday off and you can sit on the other side of the bar for a night. What do you think?