Thursday, January 8, 2009

Perpetual motion

Another day...blah, blah, blah.

Weather is the same. Cold but not abnormally so. There aren't any storms in the forecast.

I made manicotti for dinner last night and the kids really liked it. It had been awhile since I had made anything like that so it was nice to have.

I gave Molly a bath last night and she smells good right now. She is going to stay at Nancy's house this weekend so I wanted her to be clean and fresh.

Molly is hard to figure out. She barks and growls at strangers like she is going to attack them but she has her comfort people that she just loves. She loves Nancy and Dave and their grandkids she also likes the Schwann man. I think it is because he brings her a treat every time he comes. She doesn't even bark when she sees his truck pull up.

I don't have anything on the calendar today at work. It has been a pretty light week as far as meetings go, which is a good thing. I was really getting tired of all the meetings. We have a budget cut meeting tomorrow. The state has cut everything across the board 1.5 percent for this year. That means the money they gave us, they are taking back. (The bastards!)

We have to figure out where we are going to cut and each department has to take a hit. I went through my budget yesterday and have a plan.

Jess has a game tonight here in Perry against Jefferson-Scranton. Drew has a game here Friday and the Jess plays again here on Saturday.

I took my car in to get fixed yesterday. I have some type of dang gasket leak and my anti-freeze is leaking. The estimate was around $600(ugh!) It should be done today and I will see how much it cost. The mechanic I take it to, usually estimates high so I am hoping it is less than $600.

Ok, enough for now. Off to start.