Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Another day in Perrydise

Weather is following the average which is good. No snow in the near future and highs in the low 30's. Rather uneventful.

I wish work was as dull. Yesterday I was hoping for a slow day and it was the exact opposite. The first call came to my cell phone at 7:30 am and it was off and running through the rest of the day. The alt school and the elementary had connectivity issues. The elementary is still unable to get out of the building but I have a vendor coming in this morning to see what he can find.

I have a suspicion the vendor did something that knocked us down. I had work done in that building over break and he had to do some work with one of our switches. I am thinking he messed something up.

Both kids have games tonight. Drew's game is away and Jess has a game here in Perry against Dallas Center Grimes.

We got some information on the volleyball tournament in Illinois scheduled for Sunday. The coach said if we really suck it up play terrible, the earliest we would get done would be 6 PM. I sounds like it is going to be a long day ending with a 4 hour drive home Sunday night.

I have to get my syllabus ready for classes next week. I received an email from the Provost saying classes with 7 students or less may or may not be a go and they would make the decision by mid week. My Monday night class has 6 and my Wednesday night class has 7 so I am not sure if either one will be a go.

I am sure another busy day awaits so I am off to start.