Monday, January 5, 2009

The slate is clean as a new year begins

School is back in session today. The kids are not thrilled but it will be good for them to get back into a routine again.

The weather is ok. We had some ice on Saturday that made everything a mess but it seems ok now. We still have some slick areas and my sidewalk is still slick but it should melt over the next day or so.

The funeral for Nancy's mom was Friday. It was very nice. I haven't been to church in awhile (they are Catholic too). It was kind of good to get back to church but I don't think it will become a habit.

Nancy held up pretty well. I think her getting back to "normal" this week will help a bit.

Jess has basketball games Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday this week. She also has a volleyball tournament in Illinois Sunday.

Drew has a game this week on Friday but I think he might have a make-up game this week as well but I am not sure when.

The local newspaper put the top 20 sports pictures of the year in the paper last week. Jess was the number 2 picture (it was of her running at state and crossing the finish line neck and neck with another girl). She was also number 10 or 12 or something (showing a block in volleyball).

I start teaching class again next Monday so I still have another week of free evening, except for games.

I hope work is slow today. I would kind of like to ease into the swing of things again but who knows. It could be slow or it could be a mad house. It is always a crap shoot.

One thing for sure, it will be good to have Nancy back.

Off to start.