Friday, May 2, 2008

I have a thin man inside of me screaming to get out....I can usually shut him up with a brownie!

Friday is here and that is a good thing. I am not sure about the weather for today. I think we are going to get rain but it may be going to the south of us. I have no idea what is in store for the weekend.

I guess the weather here in the midwest is always a topic of discussion. If I lived in a kick ass place like San Diego, where it is sunny and mild every day, what would I start the blog with. "Well it is sunny and nice here again today.....". You know what, who cares, I would still rather be there.

Well, I didn't get shot last night but dang is that place scary. I swear every 10 minutes a cop car or ambulance would be screaming by. The place really is like a prison and the track is not very nice. They don't have a clock and they are just kind of unorganized. It really isn't a very good meet.

Jess had an ok night. She got 4th in the longjump, 1st in the 400, 1st in the 800 and the Sprint Med got 4th. They put crappy girls in the Sprint Med and by the time Jess got the baton they were in 7th place and the lead girls were almost a half lap ahead of her. That suck! That relay hadn't lost all year and Jess was ticked that the coach kind of pissed it away. Oh well, she ended up running 59.11 in the open 400 and that is the best time of the year for her. There was a pretty good wind blowing against them the last 100 of the race so she really has the potential to get a good time at conference and district.

Drew has a track meet tonight so depending on where the rain falls will determine if they have it. This is the last meet of the year for him. I think he is glad. He doesn't really like track so he is glad to have it over. He has a baseball game next Thursday. The one on Monday got postponed.

So Drew wants to do Band next year. This has been kind of a tough call becuase the damn instruments are so expensive. I don't want him to do it because his friends are. He really needs to want to do it if I am going to shell out the money. We had a talk last night and he really wants to do it. I told him it would be a three year committment for sure and he was fine with it. So I am letting him do it next year.

Band is good for kids and it will be good for him but I am not going to pay if he is going to just do it for a social club. He told me he heard band is fun and he wants to learn to play an instrument. He also wants to go to the summer lessons so I guess that is what we will do.

Prom is Saturday and Jess is excited. They plan to go to one of the girl's houses and get ready and then the big night starts at 6:30. They have it at the high school and they have a "Walk In". They have each couple line up outside of the gym, which is all decorated and people from the community and parents all come and sit in the bleachers. Anyway, they turn off the lights and have a spot light. They announce each couple, one at a time and they walk into the gym with the spotlight on them. It is kind of cool. The parents and community really like it and the students think it is cool.

They ask some of the Sophmore parents to help out at prom and then the current Junior class donates money to the Sophmore class for Prom for next year. So I am in the parking lot helping organize parking. Whoo-hoo!!! I hope it isn't raining.

In Central Iowa we have a little town called Pella and they are a Dutch community that has little windmill buildings and the architecture in the town is really like a Dutch community. Anyway, every year they have a Tulip festivel. They have thousands of Tulips and a big celebration and all kind of activities. This weekend is the festivel and it is kind of a big deal here in Iowa. I think it would be kind of fun to go but not fun enough that I am actually going. Nancy has Tuplips in her yard so if I want to smell one, I can just walk over there.

The countdown to the end of the school year continues. It is good to be in the last month. May 30th is the big day.

Have a good weekend.