Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Somewhere between interesting and rambling

The weather is going to be good today. Just today. Rain is in the forecast for tomorrow and we are still well below the normal high for this time of year.

The track meet that Drew had last night was a boy/girl track meet so they didn't let everyone run an event. Drew didn't have an event but went to the meet anyway to cheer for the boys that did. There were quite a few kids that didn't have an event. I think they let the 8th grade boys have the slots and then the top 7th grade runners get what's left.

Tonight I go to Des Moines for the "Evening with Adjuncts". I really don't want to go but feel an obligation. Jess had a softball meeting tonight and I wanted to talk to the coach but I guess I will have to catch her next week. I wanted to talk about softball practice during track season. Jess will go to state unless something unforeseen happens so I really don't want her sliding during softball. I also don't want her to have hard physical practices before the regional meet and state meets. I hope the coach is supportive of that.

She needs to practice becuase they have games right after the state track meet.

Jess has a track meet Thursday and it is at Des Moines East. Now Des Moines East is like an inner city school that is in a bad neighborhood. We were there for a volleyball tournament this year and it is like a prison in the school. I mean it is kind of scary to be in that building. Anyway, they were told the track meet has to be done before dark becuase they worry about SHOOTINGS!!! There is barb wire on the top of the fence that surrounds the track/football field. WHAT?

If I don't post Friday morning, check the Des Moines police reports!

Nancy and I took a trip to Ames yesterday for a meeting with one of our vendors. We took a school vehicle so I didn't have to spend the money on gas and such. It was a decent trip. We looked at a blade server and heard the good old sales pitch. The best parts of going was getting out of the office and eating at Taco Bell.

Today, I have a dental appointment. Dawn's dad retires this year so I am getting my last free checkup. I also have to present at the inservice at the elementary and then the adjunct thing tonight. I haven't looked ahead to Thursday but I think I only have one meeting and then I am hoping, nothing for Friday.

Awhile back I was fortunate enough to get a copy of a journal my great, great, great (not sure how many greats) grandfather had written about his journey to America and his travels and eventual settling in Nebraska. I was thinking yesterday that maybe someday one of my great, great, ect grandkids might want to read my blog. Now, the blog is a bit duller than great...... grandad's journal but it may be of interest to them. I should probably keep a hard copy of this somewhere. I doubt, this blog site will be around in 3010.

Ok, off to start the day.