Monday, May 12, 2008

The girl did good!

The weather today is going to be almost perfect. The sun is going to shine, the sky is going to be blue and the temperature is going to be in the 70's. I think the wind is going to be blowing pretty good but other than that, it is going to be great.

Jess had a very good track meet on Friday. She won the 400 with a time of 58.25 but she would have had an even better time but she almost fell. She was about 50 yards from the finish line and she tripped on the track. She stubled and almost fell but kept her balance and finished. My guess is she would have had a 57.2 or less without the stumble.

She also won the 800 and the Sprint Medley relay. The 4x4 relay ended up third but had a fast enought time to qualify for state. She is going to State in 4 events.

She runs the 400 on Thursday afternoon, the 4x400 prelim round on Friday, the Sprint Med and the 800 Saturday morning and if they make it out of the prelims in the 4x400 they will run in the final Saturday night.

Three regional gold medals and 4 state qualifiying events is a pretty good day.

This week Drew has a baseball game here in Perry tonight. I teach class so I will miss it. He also has one Wednesday and I also teach that night. I will finally be done teaching on Wednesday so I shouldn't miss anything else.

Jess will run this weekend and then next week they have their first softball game. The seasons don't have any break.

I start golf league this week but haven't really played at all yet so I am sure it will be quite the experience. I don't even care, it is just an excuse to get away, spend some time outside and drink a little beer.

My clothes dryer is broken again. I think I am just going to buy a new one. It seems like the one I have breaks down about twice a month. I am sick of fixing it. These classes I am teaching should cover the cost.

Only a few more weeks of school.