Wednesday, May 14, 2008

California Dreamin to get me through the day

So there seems to be a day every week that is just one of the days you really want to just get past. Today is that day for me. We have another school district coming to visit and take a look at our student information system. I am not looking forward to it. It is kind of being a host of a party you didn't want to throw.

I also have to teach class tonight. It is the last one until August though, so that is good.

Here are some bright points about today.
  • The weather is good
  • It is early out
  • I plan on having Subway for lunch
  • It will be over in less than 24 hours

Tomorrow is the start of the state track meet. It is probably the most important day for Jess becuase it is her chance to get a gold in the 400. I am not sure if she will or not but I am sure she will run as hard and fast as she can. You can't ask anymore than that.

Jess was told yesterday that the softball coach said all the track girls are going to have to sit out for 4 games for missing practice. She is a little ticked off about that but whatever. It is not like they are off screwing around. They are at track practice for crying out loud. We will just wait and see how it goes.

Drew has a baseball game tonight. Of course I am going to miss it becuase I teach class. It is away. I think at Woodward. He has a pretty big week this week. He is going on a field trip Friday and then to a play Friday night.

Golf league starts tomorrow and I think the weather is going to be good. I am sure I will stink up the course but I don't really care. Of all the things in life to be worried about, my crappy golf game is about 1 billionth on the list.

I am looking forward to the California trip. A little over a month away!

The state track meet can be watched LIVE online. I will post the site information and the times that Jess runs tomorrow.