Tuesday, May 13, 2008

When I button my jeans, I resemble a muffin top!

Weather the rest of this week is looking better. I think the state track meet is going to be good. I just hope the wind is not going to blow.

Drew had a baseball game last night and it went into extra innings. He played 1st base, left field and pitched an inning. They ended up losing but scored 8 runs.

The class I taught last night was kind of a drag. It went slow and the material was very detailed and obsure. I missed a step in one of the exercises and it kind of messed things up for a bit. We had to go back and make the change. I kind of felt unorganized. Oh well, one more to go.

I don't believe I have anything on the calendar for today. Nancy and I are going to clean the server room. We have another school district visiting tomorrow and I don't want to be embarassed by the mess in that room. They are coming to look at our student information system. I probably need to prepare a little demo of how we use it and some of the features.

Jess had track practice last night. The track coach talked to the softball coach and told her, she didn't want the track girls practicing softball this week. After track practice, Jess went to the softball field and talked to the coach and she seemed pretty cool about it.

This is a busy week but I have this evening free. Whoo-hoo! The only plans I have for tonight is to make dinner and watch "Hell's Kitchen".

We had a big raid on one of the meat packing plants in north eastern Iowa. They detained around 300 suspected illegal immigrants. I am sure the folks here in town are a bit nervous as well. The last guess from one of the hispanic support organizations was that we had about 30%, give or take 10%, of our hispanic population were illegal. I am sure we will eventually get raided. The biggest issue we as a school district faces is what to do with the kids, who's parents are detained. I know there is a plan but I declined to be on the committee so am out of the loop on the details.

I guess every day is an adventure. You just never know what is going to happen.

Let the adventure begin!