Friday, May 9, 2008

Today Matters!

It looks like we have a little rain this morning. The good news is, it should be gone by lunch time. I think the weather will be good for the track meet today. I guess it will all depend on what the wind is like.

Drew had a baseball game last night. He played 3rd base and pitched an inning. He didn't come out of the game. At bat, he struck out once and got hit by a pitch. The team got 10 runned, which means if one team is ahead by 10 runs or more after 5 innings, they end the game. Kind of a mercy rule. Anyway, we lost.

I taught my second night of class last night and this session is over. I have two more classes next week to teach and then I am done for the summer. Whooo-hooo!

So I kind of feel like a stupid ass because I keep hearing each day how the gas price rose overnight. I still haven't filled up my tank. I plan on doing that today.

So I just found out yesteday that golf league starts next week. This kind of just sprung up on me and caught me a bit off guard.

HS students from all around the state gather in regional locations today to determine-who will represent them at State. Each region will send their best runners to represent them in a contest to see, who is the best in the land. Such is Regional and the State track meet.

Jess has the biggest track meet of the year today. She really hates the regional meet because it is the only meet that really matters and she feels stress. The other meets throughout the year are just practice. If you win, great, if not, so what. At State, it really doesn't matter. You made it and whatever happens, happens. Regionals are a different story. If she doesn't do well, the season is over and she would be dissapointed about not going to state. If she does well, great, she made it. I think she feels a lot of pressure right now. She was grouchy last night and has been grouchy for a few days. Hell, I'm nervous!

I hope she does well.

The team gets out of school today around 1 and I plan on leaving work around 2. The track meet starts at 4 and it takes about 90 minutes to get there from here.

I wish you all could come.

Ok, off to start my day and the weekend.

GO JAYETTES!!!!!!!! (and the GOOSE!!!!!!)