Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I reserve this space for future good titles

We have been very fortunate the last few days because the weather has been nice. We had a little bit of rain overnight but other than that it has been very nice. I guess the bad weather makes me really appreciate this nice weather.

Drew had baseball practice last night and has a game on Thursday night here in Perry. The team is actually pretty decent and I think they will do fine this year.

Jess had her first softball practice last night. They had a extremely hard track practice and then she had to go to softball. The big regional track meet is Friday so I would imagine tonight's practice will be hard and Thursday will be an easy one.

The countdown to the last day of school continues. I am not sure who is more happy about it, the kids or me. I am in the process of getting all of the summer work lined up and deciding what projects we need to do. The month of June will be prep for all the work to be done in July and August.

I teach class tonight. I have a DMACC class that is for an organization call Crisis Intervention. I think it is a group that helps women that are in a bad place in life and gets them into the work force. Anyway, I have done a class for them before and tonight we are covering Microsoft Word Level 2. This class meets tonight and tomorrow night from 5:30 - 8:30. I also have them in next week on Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday, Wednesday - I forget for sure but have it on my calendar.

Once these classes are done, I am finished teaching until Fall. That is a very good thing. I like teaching but when things get busy, either at work or with kids activities, it can seem like a bit much to take on.

I have a meeting today with a difficult parent. It is a student that has "Special Needs", well not really but the parent thinks so. This parent is a real handful and always wants the school to buy technology for his child. The HS and MS guidance counselors and I are meeting with them today and I am not looking forward to it. To be honest, I feel bad for the child.

I took some video of the track meet I am thinking of putting it online so you can see it but I am not sure how I want to do it yet. Once I get it published, I will let you know.

Ok, off to start the day.