Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My interest rate dropped again today

I think I need to be on a beach somewhere.

This week has started out rough and it doesn't seem to be getting any better today. I am sure you could tell by the post yesterday that I was a bit grouchy. Well, day two same attitude.

It is the little things in life that have the most impact. We don't always have big events that change our lives but it is the little things that shape your attitude. A nice sunny day with the birds singing, green grass and a mild breeze. These are a few of my favorite things, as the song goes.

Well, the opposite it true. Phone ringing, needy people, childish behavior, irrational behavior, yada yada yada.....bad attitude.

I think I need a vacation.

If truth be told. I can handle all the stuff that is occuring around me. What I am having trouble dealing with is the CRAPPY WEATHER. There is something called SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), maybe I have that. It looks like the sun may be showing this weekend.

Jess had a track meet last night. I was teaching class so I didn't go. She won the long jump and they put her in three relays instead of her normal 400 and 800. I think they were trying to see if they could get more team points by having her anchor some relays and then catch up after the first three sucky runners got way behind.

It didn't work out so well. They got 3rd in the distance medley. I think that is the first time all year she hasn't gotten 1st or 2nd in an event she was in. They got second in the 4x400 and 1st in the Sprint Medley. That relay broke the meet record. She should to to state in that event, the 400 and the 800.

I am kind of irritated with the coaches for putting her in the crappy relays. She would have gotten 4 golds if she would have run her normal events. She had a shot at breaking the meet record in the open 400 if she would have run it.

Drew is practicing high jump and the hurdels this year. He has his first track meet Thursday. It is supposed to rain, thunder and lightning. Stupid weather!

Looking ahead. Nothing tonight. Wednesday I teach in Des Moines. Thursday both kids have track meets, weather permitting. Friday - nothing. Saturday - Jess has a track meet at Saydel.

Off to start my Tuesady.