Thursday, April 10, 2008

Don't tell me anything, I don't want to know

The rain is coming down like the weather people predicted. A "massive" storm system is moving through central Iowa today with a chance of SNOW tomorrow.

So I have been working on my attitude lately and giving it the good ol' "college try". Postive thoughts and postive actions. I even donated blood yesterday morning. Then Karma ran up behind me and kicked me in the crotch!

I went to get lunch yesterday and started backing my car out of the parking lot and I heard this terrible sound. Come to find out, the rear spring, that holds the car up off the tire, had broken and the car was un-drivable. I had to call a tow truck and have it hauled to the mechanic. It should be fixed today sometime.

On the bright side, Jessica's car got fixed up yesterday so I will be able to drive that this morning. I have a meeting at the school administration center so I need a vehicle.

We are supposed to have track meets today but I think they will both be cancelled. The weather is just too crappy. We are also supposed to have a track meet Saturday and I would imagine it will get cancelled as well since it is supposed to SNOW THAT DAY!!!!! What the hell.

So I am really trying to have a good attitude. I really am trying. The thing I am hanging on to at this point is the weather is supposed to be nice Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Sunshine and 60's.

Class went pretty well last night. I am glad I am done teaching for the week. DMACC asked me to teach in Perry on Monday and at West Campus on Tuesdays this Fall. I told them I would. It is good money and good experience. I guess they must think I am doing a pretty good job to ask me back again. That is good.

Two meetings today and then nothing for Friday. It will be good to have a day on my calendar that is blank.

My tenants keep calling me with little needs and wants. They are nice people and want to make the house their home but they act like I should just pour money into it because they want to make it nice. If I was going to pour money into it, I would have done it when I lived there. I wonder how many calls I will get in the next week.

Here's my plan. I will continue to complain tomorrow. So be ready! Monday, I turn over a new leaf and become more pleseant. The sun should help and I am going to try to work on relaxation this weekend. If all goes well, Monday will be only happy thought.

I have to go so I can put out the garbage for the princesses to pickup.