Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I think there's a duck under my chair

Today looks like the only day of the week that that weather is going to be decent. At this point, I will take what I can get.

I have two meetings today and teach class tonight. Only three more classes left and the last class is the final. Final night I really don't teach, I just give them the test. It will also be a very short night.

Tomorrow we are supposed to get rain and more rain and then.....more rain. This is supposed to go through Friday and even some snow flurries mixed in as the temps drop. Saturday we are going to ge a high of 40 degrees. Of course Jess has a track meet that day so I am sure on top of it being cold, the wind will probably be whipping around too. I try my hardest not to say bad thigs about mother nature but she must be pissed.

I watch this show called "Hell's Kitchen" and they always cook something called Rizotto. I think it is sauteed onions, white wine, chicken stock, cream, and rice. It appears to be pretty tempremental and there are a variety of ways to make it. Some have crab meat for example. It sounds good to me and I may try to make it one of these weekends. Other than that, there is not point to this story.

I have a cabinet meeting tomorrow. The cabinet is the management group of the district. All of the directors and principals are part of this group and we meet once a month to talk about district issues. We are doing a book study on having a positive attitude and blah, blah, blah. It is kind of a self help type of book. I would rather do something with team building or leadership but this is what the Superintentent gave us. Anyway, this week we are supposed to go on a Positivity diet. We were supposed to start last week and the first day listen or read inspirational material, second day work on positive self talk, blah, blah, blah.

I really am not a fan of this stuff and just didn't do it. My guess is, nobody did it. We are discussing it tomorrow and I am curious to see what kind of BS comes out of the mouths of everyone. "Oh Yeah!, I feel so much better with this positive thinking...."; "I can't believe the change in my stress level now that I am thinking positively"....PUKE!!!!! What a croc! I will tell you how it goes tomorrow but I am sure there will be plenty of ass kissing and smoke blowing. Whatever!

By the way......Let's give the Olypic torch runners a hand gun. Stupid bastard protestors want to take their misplaced anger out on a symbol of unity.......say hello to my little friend....pop,pop,pop. Ok, maybe that was a bit harsh. How about a tazer?

I am just a little ray of sunshine lately. The good news is, I can feel my mood shifting and getting a bit better. Monday was rough. Tuesday rough, today a bit better. I hope putting out the garbage tomorrow in pouring rain doesn't make me back slide.

Ok, I am off to make the world a better place.