Monday, March 10, 2008

RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) I know the drill

The weekend was full and eventful. It started Friday night. Drew had a basketball game in Jefferson. They lost but they played pretty well. Jess called Friday night fron Denver and said they made it and the bus trip was long and miserable. They were scheduled to play Saturday morning.

Saturday, Drew had a game at 8 am in Jefferson. They lost pretty big and one of the mothers told me I owed $73 for uniform and tournaments. What the hell is that??? I knew it was going to cost a bit but when I ran the tournament team I tried to keep cost down to around $25 per family. $73 give me a break! I was pissed and let her know I was pissed. We should have known up front about it being that much. I paid it but was not happy.

Jess played three matches Saturday and won all three. They were scheduled to start at 8 on Sunday.

Saturday night Drew and I went to Des Moines and bought him some track shoes. I also bought a pair of shoes to start working out in. I had a gift card so it wasn't too expensive. I also took Drew out to Red Lobster. We split a meal, which was a good thing becuase we could barely finish it.

Sunday Jess called and they won one match and lost two. They will be in the bronze bracket going into Monday. It is not what they wanted. They wanted to compete for a championship.

Sunday night I had coed volleyball and we are in playoffs. We faced the top seeded team and during the season we split. They won once and we won once. We won the first game of the match and during the last point of the game I had to change directions quickly to get to a ball an heard a POP in my calf. I wasn't able to even walk from that point on. We lost the next two games and I hobbled home. It really hurts like hell and it is going to be a long week if I can't walk. I am not sure what I am going to do. Maybe get a cane.

I told Nancy I should get a cane and a monocle.

Today my leg still hurts pretty bad and I wrapped it so it has some support. I have two meetings this morning and teach class tonight. I think I may cancel my meetings and just get ready for class. It really sucks because I teach 4 nights this week. I also have been up since 3am because my leg was cramping and I couldn't get back to sleep.

I am a mess!

Spring break is next week so that is a good thing. I just need to get through this week and then we have a week with no students, staff and I don't have to teach. It would be nice if the weather cooperated as well.

Off to start my week!