Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The last thing I want to see is a lunch lady picking her nose!

It looks like the weather is going to be nice today. High of 54 and it looks even better for tomorrow. It will be nice to get the snow melted.

I woke up at 4:30 this morning and went to the kitchen and started the coffee. I just poured my first cup and in walks the goose. They just got back. It was about 4:45 am. She was a bit grouchy but took a bath and headed back to bed. She said she got about 5 hours of sleep on the bus.

The tournaments went pretty well for them the ended up 6-3 and 34th out of 165 teams. It wasn't as good as they would have liked but it was a good experience. They have two more tournaments and two more chances to qualify for Nationals. They have the talent but they are a bit inconsistent in their play. When they play well they can beat anyone. The problem is they can also play very poorly. Those are the times that sink them. Jess is becoming a much stronger player because of this so that is good.

My calf feels a little bit better today. The Advil and the wrap seem to be helping. I am still pretty hobbled but it is much better than it was Sunday night.

Class went well last night. The group did a pretty good job and the student who is the big distraction wasn't there. The group functions much better without him and it was a nice change to have a night where I wasn't having to keep bringing them back on track.

I teach another class tonight for DMACC. It is a three hour Word class. It should be pretty easy and it goes from 5:30 to 8:30 so it isn't nearly as late of a night.

Drew hung out at Nancy's house last night while I was teaching class. They are painting the family room in their basement. I don't think Drew did much helping but at least stayed out of the way. Nancy made him tuna and noodles for dinner and he said it was cheesy and delicious.

I have a meeting this afternoon and I have become less and less thrilled with meetings the longer I work in my position. At first it was kind of cool to be in meetings and make decisions and feel important. Now, it is just a waste of time for the most part and even when they are productive it takes a significant part of my time either preparing or just attending the meetings. Today I am meeting with the HS councelors to review how to schedule for next year. To be honest, I don't have a clue. I will spend the morning reviewing the steps in the guide so I can talk semi-intelligently about it. Hell, I don't schedule and never will. This is more of a hand holding session than a training.

I think Spring break is going to be good for me. It will be nice to have people away for awhile and a chance to kind of catch up on things. I won't have to teach class and I won't have to deal with the phone.

It will be just a few minutes before I have to get the kids up to start their days. I am sure Jess is going to be a gem.

Have a great day today!