Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I am not sure what I would do without JIF peanut butter

It is the middle of a long week but at least the weather is good.

I taught class last night and it went ok. They are a group with a very low level of technology skills. None of them have computers at home and really do not have a clue as to what to do. One of the students doesn't speak very good english and doesn't know how to type. Nancy spent the entire night sitting by her and keeping her up with the rest of the class. We are both earning our money on this deal.

Tonight I head to Des Moines to teach my Wednesday class. I haven't done any prep for class yet and that is not a good thing. Since it is a four hour class it is kind of hard to just do it on the fly. I will have to spend some time today going over the material.

Speaking of today, it going to be a busy one. I two meetings today and a bunch of work to do. Things have been moving along very quickly lately and there is a rush to get stuff done before the break so the office has really been busy. I am hoping for a slow down by Friday.

Jess was grouchy yesterday so I am glad I didn't see her much. She was tired from her trip and they ran them hard at track practice. She went to bed at 8 last night so hopefully she will be caught up this morning.

Drew starts track on Thursday. I didn't see him much yesterday either. It is going to be a week where I barely see the kids becuase I teach so much at night. Once the weekend gets here, they will both want to be out and about so it is a toss up whether I will see them much at all this week.

I am still hobbling around but it is getting a litte better every day. I still can't walk for crap but at least I can put weight on it.

I hope the next two day go by quickly so I can be done with teaching for the week. It isn't that I don't like teaching it is more that I miss having an evening free. The weather was so nice yesterday and I was only outside three times. Once to go to work, once to go home and once to go to Burger King to get lunch. I don't have a window in my office so it seems that I am not getting to enjoy the nice weather.

I think it is going to be near 60 today so maybe I can get a chance to just sit outside for a few minutes.

Have a good day today!