Friday, January 18, 2008

All the money in the world can't buy happiness.....I volunteer to test that theory!

I can't believe it is Friday already. The weeks has seemed to flown by and for that, I am thankful.

Drew's team won their game last night. He had a pretty good game. Didn't score any points but played good defense and had a few assists. I think he had 5 or 6 rebounds too. I had to give him a lecture after the game because I noticed his shorts were hanging half way down his ass. I told him if I see that again, I am going to yell out, during the game "Drew! Pull you shorts up!". Yesterday was his first and last warning about that.

He has a makeup game tonight here in Perry.

FYI - One of my many pet peves (sp) is kids that pull their pants down so their butts hang out.

Jess played in the JV game last night. They ended up just having the two sophmores that start varsity play JV. She did well and scored 10 or 12 points. They lost but it wasn't because of her. They only let the varsity players, play two quarters. Her group started the game and were ahead by 6 after the first quarter. The sub came in and played the second and third quarter. When Jess got back in for the fouth quarter they were down by six and ended up losing by 3. They kept the two freshman in the whole game and they are not good so it was no suprise they lost.

Jess didn't care but one of the girls on the team was being a snot bag and made a scene in the locker room.

Since she is playing JV and varisty now, she has games all the time. She playes a varsity game tonight a JV game in Winterset tomorrow morning and on Monday JV (not sure where) then another varsity game Tuesday.

I am having back trouble. It might have been from shoveling the driveway yesterday but I think it was stiff prior to that. Anyway, I can barely move and sleeping is difficult to say the least. I may take a heating pad to work today.

Nancy's mom had surgery last night and everthing seemed to go ok. They will find out more in the next day or so about chemo or the next step. Keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

I am not sure why bad things happen to good people.

The fickle finger of fate awaits me today so I suppose I should see what is in store.

Have a great weekend!