Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What the heck is with the cold weather....I didn't agree to this!!!!

I made it through the second night of teaching. It was a strange sort of night because I was supposed to present to the school board during class. At 7 o'clock, I had the kids take a 15 minute break and I went to the school board meeting for my presentation. Well, the guy on the agenda before me was rambling on and on and on and on. Pretty soon it was 15 after and he was still going. I went back to may class and just thought "They can come and get me when they want me." 8:15 they finally come to door and say they are ready for me. So, I take another break, did my ridiculous presentation and then get back to teaching.

The reason I had to do a presentation for the board was because one of the member questioned why we purchased expensive data phones. So instead of the Supt. just telling him, he thought it would be a good idea for me to present the info to the whole school board. Strange how we can piss away thousands of dollars on hiring a coach to teach NOTHING and I have to present why we pay $14 a month for data phones.

I now have a two week break from teaching. Next Monday is Martin Luther King day and DMACC is closed for the holiday, so we don't have class. I really like teaching so it isn't a big deal to me. The only hang up for this session is that four hours is a long time to teach and for kids to stay alert.

Drew has an early morning practice today and Jess has a game tonight. She said her coach was ticked yesterday and yelled at the team and told them he was going with a new starting lineup for tonight and that there are no "starters" on the team because they are playing so bad. My guess is Jess will start but I guess we will see tonight.

I have an early morning meeting today. Nancy and I have to go to the Elementary and hand out a couple of laptops and lay down the law for use. The special ed department, of course, is getting two laptops for their staff to use. They will have a "main" teacher who is responsible for it and checking it out to the other staff members. I will show them how to use the computer and what the checkout process is.

I really don't know what is on my calendar for the rest of the week. I haven't checked and I really don't care to check this morning. I hate Monday and Tuesday is on my list.

Jess is struggling in Geometry. She recieved a D on a quiz, retook it yesterday and got a D. Parent teacher conferences were last night and I went to Drew's, he is doing well, then I went to the high school for my class and ran into Jess' Geometry teacher. She broke the news to me and when I talked to Jess last night and told her, she was frustrated to say the least. She has a test in that class today and now she is convinced she is going to fail it. PROOFS!!!!!!!!

Anyway, she said she does fine except for proofs and that is what they are testing.

Ok, off to start my day. I know, the blog was boring this morning. I guess I just live an uneventful life.

More fun to share tomorrow.