Monday, November 12, 2007

Is there a self help book for Monday!

Today, yet again, reinforces how much I hate Mondays!!! I am not sure what the deal is but Mondays just are the worst for me. Some may like them, a new start of a week and all, but from the alarm going off to the start of another work week, I think it stinks!

The weekends was pretty good. Jess was name to the Second Team All conference team for volleyball. She was the only Perry girl that made the team. We had a couple girls get honorable mention but she was the only one to make a team. We found out because it was in the paper. Her coach called and said it wasn't supposed to be in the paper yet and she was mad because she wanted to be the one to tell Jess.

Drew is on the front page of the sports section in this weeks paper. They showed the 7th and 8th grade team photos and talked about thier seasons.

The huskers and broncos both won this weekend which was a pleasant change. The huskers finally put a game together and the defense didn't lose the game for them. Too late for Callahan but good for the seniors and the remaining players. I have mixed emotions about a bowl. I want it for those kids but I would maybe just rather have the season overs so we can get a new coach and get the changes underway.

Jess played in a basketball scrimmage on Saturday morning. I think there were 5 teams and they kind of had a round robin scrimmage. It is an opportunity for teams to get some games in before the "Real games" start. She has practice and then we have to go to Ankeny for her club volleyball meeting. I am hoping the basketball coach doesn't have a long practice tonight because we are supposed to be in Ankeny at 6:30. We will be late for sure but I don't want to be an hour late. It takes about 30-40 minutes to get there.

Yesterday day we spent the afternoon raking and bagging leaves. That is a sucky job but the kids didn't complain too much. It helps to have the three of us out there. We did the back and the front but left on of the sides. There is a tree over there that still has a bunch of leaves on it so we will get that another time, unless it snows! I think we had 18 leaf bags full when we stopped. It was day outside and we were able to play a little basketball after we finished. Nancy had her grandkids over and they came over and played. Jess and Drew love those kids and really like it when they are around.

I am not sure what the week ahead will hold. I would imagine Jess will start club volleball practices this week. Drew has morning practices again this week. The team likes them better so they are going to go mornings. Drew likes the morning practices too so it all works out.

I can't believe how dark it gets and how early it is when it gets dark. I swear 6 pm seems like 8 or 9.

The coffee is good this morning and it is making me feel better about the day. I am not sure what I would do without the comfort of a hot cup of coffee to start my day.

Off to start my week. More tomorrow.