Monday, September 10, 2007

I don't know what your problem is but I'm pretty sure its hard to pronounce!

So it seems that we went from the 90's to the 70's in the span of a week. I have often complained about the dang heat and humidity but now we are getting almost cold. The current temp is 56 and we are expecting the lows to be in the mid to low 40's this week. Even with the colder air, it is much better than the heat and humidity. It also makes the grass grow slower.

Drew went to a birthday party this weekend. They went to Des Moines and stayed in a hotel. He came home around noon the next day and hadn't slept a wink. He went right to bed. I let him sleep until 3:30 and then he had to go cut Nancy's lawn. It is his summer job and he decided to not do it before the party so he had to pay the price and do it while he was tired. He went and mowed and then went back to bed.

I made pancakes for dinner last night. I didn't have bisquick so I had to make them from scratch. They turned out pretty good if I do say so myselft. Jess eats hers with chocolate chips and on top she puts peanut butter and syrup. A bit odd but whatever.

It is picture day at the school. I am going to force Nancy go get her picture taken this year so she can get a school ID. The kids have their clothes picked and and ready to go.

They both have games tomorrow night. Drew plays his first football game and it is here in Perry. Jess plays in Ballard. I think maybe the game is in Huxley but the team is Ballard.

It is homecoming week here. We also have the Iowa vs Iowa State game this weekend and the huskers play USC this weekend as well.

For homecoming, they have a bon fire Thursday night and the big game on Friday. I hope we do well. We are 1-1 and have a bunch of tough competion this year so it may be a challenging season.

I still have my golf clubs in my trunk. I am signed up for a tournament on the 23rd but haven't heard if they are going to have it. The numbers were low for the signup so they were going to cancel. I am indifferent either way but I would like that tournament to survive.