Tuesday, September 11, 2007

If you don't like how I drive, stay off the sidewalk!!!

Today is game day! Drew has his first football game today at 4:15. I am really looking forward to it. Jess plays at 5:30(jv) and 7:30 (Varsity) at Huxley (against Ballard).

I have quite a bit of stuff to do at work today, which is nothing new but it is getting old.

It is kind of chilly today. The current temp is 49 and I think it was colder earlier. There is a cold front coming our way and I think the highs for Thursday and Friday are going to be in the mid 60's. Whooo---chilllly!

I have been watching the TV show Big Brother 8 and they are down to the final four. They are fighting for the "Power of Veto" tonight so it is a big episode. I get caught up in stupid stuff like this but it is a nice get away from work so I really enjoy it.

During the day it seems I have to concentrate most of the day so when I get home, I just want to "not think". TV allows me to do that. Just sit and veg out.

I started running again this week. Hopefully it lasts. I went out this morning at 4:45 am and it was REALLY DARK! I run out in the country and down by the river and it was kind of spooky. I use Jessica's Ipod when I run and I actually turned it down to stay a bit more alert of my surroundings. It was so dark that I couldn't even see the intersection until I was a few steps from the crossroad.

So I am running along and I am just about to get to an intersection coming back into town and I could see headlights, which was actually a bit comforting, I kind of slow down as I approach the intersection and move to the right so I would be in the opposite lane as they crossed. Just as I get to the turn, the car turns and cuts short so they damn near hit me. I mean it was so close that I just put out my hands and stopped because there was no way to get out of their way at this point.

The car was going slow so they stoppped. It was a police car so I stopped and he had the window down. He apologized and said he saw something in the sky he had never seen before so he was going to check it out (another comforting though for my run tomorrow).

Nothing comes as close to a heart attack as being completely out of breath, heart pounding fast and then almost hit by a car. Man! The heart really takes a leap!

I might have to run a bit later in the morning.

More tomorrow.