Friday, June 8, 2007

Like eating a gourmet meal with a hair in it

The weather lately is picture perfect as long as you don't have to be out in it. The sky has been blue, the sun has been shining and the wind is blowing 45 mph. Mother nature seems to be a little pissed because we just haven't had a string of nice days in a long time. Granted, we have a day or two from time to time but overall there has been many more miserable days than nice days.

Drew is enjoying his summer vacation. He played outside from noon until 7:00 last night. He could obviously care less about the wind.

Jess had a softball game last night. The JV lost but they cut the game short to get the varsity game started. I think they only played 3 innings. She is in drivers education now and drives on Wednesdays. I wanted to give anyone living close a fair warning about driving on Wednesday.

The golf game went pretty well last night. I shot one over my handicap so it wasn't too bad. I had a pretty good round going and then I think the beer kicked in and I kind of fell apart the last few holes. Oh well. I would rather golf poorly and do a little drinking than golf well and not get to kick back and relax.

The weekend is upon us. I only have one small appointment today and the rest of the day I can get some work done. I have a bunch of work to do this summer but I am going to try to reserve Friday for a slow down day where we take it easy and have a little fun. If we don't do this, we will burn out quick and it will be a long summer. I don't mind working hard all week but you need a little break as well so I deem Friday---------"Smell the flowers day!"

Jessica plays in a tournament today and tomorrow. Drew has practice tonight and a game on Sunday.