Sunday, April 25, 2010

What is this? A Sunday night post?

It was a rainy weekend but the week ahead is supposed to be better.

Jess ran at Drake on Saturday. She jumped 17 feet 2 inches in the long jump and that got her 3rd place. That is pretty good because it was all classes so only two girls in the entire state jumped longer than she did.

The weather was terrible that day. It was raining really hard an cold so for her to have that good of a jump in that weather was a good outing for her.

Dawn and her mom painted the front living room for me. I picked a darkish blue color and it looks nice painted. We are getting new carpet and putting a deck on the back. Dave and Nancy are helping with that and he sent the drawings and it looks great.

We haven't heard about the roof yet but I am hoping that can get replaced. I complain a lot about insurance but when it pays, it sure is nice.

This week will be busy. I teach Monday night. Jess has a track meet Tuesday and the Iowa State coach is coming to watch that one. I teach my last Wednesday class and then Jess has track meets Thursday and Friday. Saturday we are going to start the deck.

Drew had his first golf meet canceled because of the rain. He is getting so tall. He is noticeably taller than me now and he just keeps growing.

I am having a heck of a time finding a place that will work on his scooter. The damn thing stalls all the time and I need to get it fixed. The place I bought it at is over 30 miles away and I have no way of getting it there.

Jess is going to lifeguard this summer and I found a certification class for her to take. It isn't until June 23rd but at least she can work July and some of August. The certification is good for three years so she can work next summer as well.

It seems like there is a bunch of things to do before graduation so the weekends are going to be busy for awhile.

Off to start.