Wednesday, April 28, 2010

OH MY!

The weather was really nice yesterday and I think it will be good again today but more wind.

It was a very good night at the track meet. Jess jumped her personal best, a new meet record and a new school record 17 feet 3 inches in the long jump. She also ran 25.8 seconds in the 200, a new meet record and 57.6 seconds in the 400 also a meet record. She also anchored the Sprint Med relay for 1st place finish and they were 1 second off the meet record. 4 golds and a very good performance.

I spend the day in meetings so it was nice to be outside last night. Today I have one meeting in the late afternoon and then I teach my last Wednesday night class. It will be an easy night, I am just giving the final. It will be a short night and it will be great do finish up the term.

It is kind of weird teaching because I really like most of the people in the classes I teach and every term it is the last time I will see them. It is just the way of it but with each class, I feel a little sadness when it is over. Each class has its own personality, dynamic and characters. They are kind of like snowflakes, where no two are the same. It is very true for classes, they are all unique in their own way.

Oh! After Jess ran the 400 last night she puked and puked and puked. It took her about 20 minutes to feel better, just in time to run the 200.

We have track meets on Thursday and Friday. My grass needs to be cut and I won't get to it until the weekend. Ugh!

Ok, off to start.