Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sometimes the executioners noose is a pink sheet of paper

The weather is still good. I think the death trap in my driveway is getting better every day.

We are in a bit of a lull between sports seasons. Jess is practicing track and Drew has been going to the Rec center and working out.

Work has been a flurry of activity lately. It is back to normal. For a long time we had a really slow period and it seemed like the entire staff was just sitting. Those days are behind us and it seems like things are pretty constant now.

So I was listening to talk radio in the office yesterday and Nancy informed me that is very "old man" like to do that. I am really not sure that I agree with it. I even looked online for the demographic makeup of talk radio listeners and most are in my age group.

The pink slips went out to staff yesterday. The start of the 1.8 million dollars in cuts has begun. I think with the stress everyone has felt, it will be good to have this school year behind us. I a sure today will be a flurry of gossip and "water cooler" conversation.

Nancy and I are taking Jess out to lunch today for her birthday. We have done it every year since she was in 1st grade so this is the last year for that tradition.

Class tonight. It is innovation week at DMACC so the students have to go to some innovation sessions from 6:30 to 7:30. It will make class go quick.

Ok, off to start.