Monday, April 20, 2009

It isn't my birthday but I sure feel older today

Monday and the cycle of life continues.

The weather is going to be pretty good today. Warm in the 50's but windy.

The weekend was busy. Jess played volleyball and the track meet was canceled because of a big thunderstorm predicted to come through. Well it never did but it was good that they didn't have to come back from Minneapolis.

The team won all three matches the first day and then lost 2 of 3 the second day and lost the first match the final day. The club season is over. It has been pretty long and I am kind of glad it is done.

Drew and I had a good weekend together. We hung out on Saturday and went to Des Moines on Sunday. We ate at Red Lobster and then went to Super Target.

He had a father-son scrimmage for baseball. My arm and back are sore as heck today. I am getting too old for this. I had to play shortstop. That was the first problem. I did fine but am paying the price today. The throw to first gets longer every year.

Drew has a baseball game tonight here in Perry. Jess has a track meet in Adel and I teach class.

I suppose I should get started.