Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The cold hand of winter is clinging to my ankle

The weather people lied about yesterday...It SUCKED!!! The weather was cold and windy and not good at all. The bastards are telling me it is going to get better tonight. Whatever.

Jess went home sick yesterday. She missed the track meet last night. It was probably for the best. The weather was terrible so it would have only made things worse. She slept all afternoon and seemed to have more color in her face when I got home from class.

She went to bed early and should be much better today.

Drew's baseball game was canceled last night. The coaches had the good sense to realize that the weather was not good for anything.

He has a track meet today in Nevada. I was wrong last week when I thought his track meet was in Nevada, that one was in Jefferson. Tonight is in Nevada. It starts at 4 so I won't be heading up there. It is a little over an hour and I think he is only running one event.

He has a meet here Friday I will be able to see. He also has a baseball game Saturday.

Jess has a track meet Thursday and then runs at the Drake Relays Friday. I don't plan on going to Drake Friday.

On a cool note. Jess got a track letter from Cornell University. The first Ivy League school to contact her for sports. She brought home about 10 letters from different colleges yesterday. I think she is getting at least one every day now. Some from small colleges and others from big ones. She has gotten letters for three sports. Basketball, Volleyball and Track.

Her latest volleyball letter was from a college in Minnesota, I forget which one now but in the brochure it says they are "The Harvard of the Midwest". That kind of made me smile.

Class went well last night but I blew up the projector. It was running really hot and the temp light was flashing red. I sprayed compressed air in it to cool it down and when the cold air hit the hot bulb....BOOM! I will have to replace the damn thing today.

Off to start.