Friday, February 27, 2009

Snow tonight...Blyme!

Well it is Friday but it isn't a happy Friday. Mom - I now feel your pain. Having to work on the weekend kind of takes the joy out of Friday. I have tonight from 5-9 and tomorrow from 9-2:30.

Drew went to the TSA thing last night. He participated in the "knowledge Bowl". His team ended up with a score of -15. I guess they needed to study a bit more than just on the bus ride down to the competition.

There is another TSA thing tonight. He hasn't decided if he is going to go. It is somewhere in southern Iowa by the Missouri border so he wouldn't be back until close to midnight.

Nancy and I are taking Jess out to lunch today. We have done this every year for her birthday since she was in 2nd grade. The high school has ITED testing today and they all get out of school at 11.

She has a volleyball tournament tomorrow. I saw the schedule and it looks like the pool play goes until 4. I am not sure if they have a tournament after that or not. I will go and watch after I am done teaching. I hope to get everyone out by 1:30 or so.

I had the night to myself last night. Dawn took Jess to volleyball practice in Ankeny and Drew was at the TSA contest. Molly and I watched a movie I had rented. I sat in my chair with my pajamas on, covered myself with my blanket, drank some wine and relaxed. I could use more time like that.

Drew got home a little before 10 and I went to bed before Jess got home.

I have part 2 of the training session today. It goes from 8-11:30ish. I am not thrilled to sit through it. This morning I am a student, tonight I am a teacher. It seems like kind of a metaphor of life doesn't it.

Ok, off to start.