Friday, January 23, 2009

So I'm walking down the street with Ray Liotta.......

I made it Friday with my sanity intact....well, at least as intact as it was at the start of the week.

Temps in the 20's today but I think it is going to be cloudy for the next 7 days.

I called my tenants yesterday and they didn't answer the phone. I left a message but no returned call. I will give it a shot again today.

This morning I have to go to a breakfast meeting with a vendor. I really don't want to go but our curriculum director asked me to go with him because I am part of this project. I always find the conversation uninteresting or "polite" type talk. At least it shouldn't last long. I can always say I have something else to get to and excuse myself.

Jess has a game tonight against the number 1 team in the state. Last time they beat us by 40 and I would imagine it will be a similar thumping tonight. This team is a recruiting base for Iowa State and they recruit girls and families from all over, even one from Australia, to play at Ballard and then on to the Iowa State program. They have 4 division 1 caliber players on the team.

Drew has early morning practice again. He is up and about and ready for the day. We had his parent teacher conference yesterday and he is doing well.

Oh! They are shooting a movie here in Perry. I mean a BIG movie, Ray Liotta and some other stars are here in town this week and have been shooting in some of the locations here in Perry. I have no idea what the movie is but they are spending quite awhile here in town. I think it may be a month. I will have to go watch the movie just to see the town in it.

Nancy is meeting with her sisters this afternoon to look at nursing homes for their dad. It is a difficult time they are going through so my they have been in my thoughts and prayers.

Jess plays basketball Saturday in Des Moines at Des Moines Christian and then Sunday morning we are driving to Council Bluffs for a volleyball tournament. I wonder if I will be able to fit in a nap somewhere along the line.

Off to start